Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Darren Hill[_3_] Darren Hill[_3_] is offline

Default Range().Select not working

I'm not sure - but I'd get rid of that On Error line while checking it.

Does this work?

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() 'Employee Detail Button
' Lookup selected employee and load data on Employee Summary tab

with worksheets("Employee Summary")
.Range("B1").value = activecell.value
.select
end with
Call Load_Emp_Summary
End Sub

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 05:36:49 -0000, clmarquez
wrote:

Please help! I have a command button on a worksheet, that when the user
highlights a cell with an employee name in it and presses the button, it
takes them to a different worksheet, inputs the highlighted cell's value
into cell B1 (which is linked to a combobox) and then calls a macro.
The code for the command button is as follows:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() 'Employee Detail Button

' Lookup selected employee and load data on Employee Summary tab

Dim EmpLookup As Variant
EmpLookup = ActiveCell.Value
Sheets("Employee Summary").Select
On Error Resume Next
Range("B1").Select
ActiveCell.Value = EmpLookup
Call Load_Emp_Summary

End Sub

My problem is that when the sub is stepped through, the
Range("B1").Select line does not work (everything else does), and so
the name gets inputted into whatever cell happens to be highlighted in
the worksheet. Can anyone tell me why that line won't work? Is there
another way to force selection of cell B1? I am using Excel 2003...

Thanks,
Kez

--
Darren