Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JackL JackL is offline

Default IBM thinkpad with projector, Excel crashs

Hi Martina,
This may be of no help at all but I remember having problems with projectors
and we resolved them by changing some display settings (see Display in the
Control panel). I'm sure you have already consulted the IBM and your
projector mfg websites. Regards.

"embedded Excel Chart with projector" wrote:

Thanks for your answer, it is a newly bought Thinkpad,
BIOS from July 2005,
If I call excel standalone it works, but if I use the application (VB6)
with embedded OLE Excel.chart it crashs.

"JackL" wrote:

The first question that comes to mind is do you have the latest drivers and
BIOS upgrades on the Thinkpad?

"embedded Excel Chart with projector" wrote:

I hope I can find some help here for a difficult problem.
I have a VB application, with an OLE Excel chart embedded
in it.
When I connect a projector to the IBM thinkpad,
and then I call my application, MS Excel crashs.
But if I do the same without a projector connected
there is no problem and my application works.
We use Windows XP SP2 and I installed SP2 for
Office 2003 without any change in the problem.
I don't know, how to solve this problem.
Regards Martina