Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charlie Charlie is offline

Default Is there a function in VBA to find out if entire column is empty?

Dim LastRow As Long

LastRow = 65536
If IsEmpty(Cells(LastRow, "A")) Then
LastRow = Cells(LastRow, "A").End(xlUp).Row
If LastRow = 1 And IsEmpty(Cells(LastRow, "A")) Then LastRow = 0
End If

Returns the last row in a column with something in it. Returns zero if the
entire column is empty

"HelpEachOther" wrote:

Hi, VBA experts:

Can anyone inform me if VBA has a function that tells if a coumn in a
worksheet is empty?

I wrote the following code, but it does not work. I could write some
code to check each row of the column, but I believe VBA must have a
function to take care of this. Please help. Thanks.

Cells(3, 6).Select
Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown)).Select

If Selection.Value = " " Then

noData = True

Esle

Selection.Copy