Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kevin O'Neill[_2_] Kevin O'Neill[_2_] is offline

Default string values do not equal cells, then return msg

I have a cell with "A,AA,AAA" minus the quotes. On another sheet I have
4 cells, each labeled, "A", "AA", "AAA", "AAAA"

The "A,AA,AAA" will be pulled apart using a split command as as string,
and compared to the 4 cells on the other sheet, If any part of the now
split string does not match any of the values in the 4 cells, then
return a msg.

So if on the first cell I had "A,AA,AAB" , "AAB" does not match any of
the 4 cell values on the 2nd sheet and will return an error. If all of
the now split cell values having a matching cell on the 2nd sheet, then
do nothing.

Any suggestions?