CyberTaz

Hello-

Excel 2003 does not have an AutoSave feature (there is AutoRecovery, but
that is a totally unrelated feature).

AFAIK there is no difference in '03 & any other version of Excel re prompts
to save changed files on Close. Are you certain you are not saving "out of
habit" or that some other issues might possibly be involved?

Regards |:)

"Wai-Yee" wrote:

In Excel 2003, I would like the save menu to pop up "do you want to save
changes that you made to 'Filename.xls'?" when I click on File, then Close.

Sometimes I am doing a calc in the file itself, which is not meant to be
saved. In prior versions of Excel, using File-Close does not automatically
save changes. Does anyone know how to make the menu pop up, or turn off the
autosave function?

Thanks!