Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default List Folders using Excel

Andy,

In VBA, go to the Tools menu, choose References, and put a check
next to Microsoft Scripting Runtime. Then, use the following
code:

Sub Start()
Dim FSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject
Dim Rng As Range
Set FSO = New Scripting.FileSystemObject
Set Rng = Range("A1")
Const cSTART_FOLDER = "H:\ExcelProjects" '<<< CHANGE
ListFiles FSO.GetFolder(cSTART_FOLDER), Rng
End Sub

Sub ListFiles(Fldr As Scripting.Folder, Rng As Range)
Dim F As Scripting.File
Dim FF As Scripting.Folder
For Each F In Fldr.Files
Rng.Value = F.Path
Set Rng = Rng(2, 1)
Next F

For Each FF In Fldr.SubFolders
ListFiles FF, Rng
Next FF
End Sub

"Andibevan" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am trying to build a routine that will recursively search
through all
folders and subfolders for a given path and list all folders.

I have found exmples of how to list all files but not only the
folders.

Any ideas?

TIA

Andy