Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default permanently add reference to ADO library

Create an addin that does it for you...
following will setup an application event monitor
and add the reference when a NewWorkbook event is detected.

'<<code for THISWORKBOOK module
Option Explicit

Dim WithEvents xlApp As Application

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set xlApp = Application
End Sub

Private Sub xlApp_NewWorkbook(ByVal wb As Workbook)
Call AddAdoReference(wb)
End Sub

Sub AddAdoReference(ByVal wb As Workbook)
wb.VBProject.References.AddFromFile _
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msado15.dll"

keepITcool

Loane Sharp wrote :

Hi there
I find it a bit irritating that, every time I create a new procedure
in a new workbook, I need to add a reference to the ADO object
library. Is there any way that I can have this reference added
permanently? Best regards Loane