Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Craig[_2_] Craig[_2_] is offline

Default GetOpenFilename

1. I am able to use Getopenfilename to allow the user to select a file to open.

a.. fileToOpen = Application _
.GetOpenFilename("Text Files (*.txt), *.txt")
If fileToOpen < False Then
MsgBox "Open " & fileToOpen
End If

2. What I would really like to do is allow the user to select the file (a TXT file), but then get the same macro to apply predefined settings to the "Text Import wizard" i.e what the data type is, what the delimiter is and what the Column data format is. I have recorded the macro to open a file with the required settings, but the recorded macro obviously specifies the file name used in the recording. The macro line also seems to be one continuous line. How do I split it into 2 lines, one for filename and one for settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Craig