Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Extract Day of Week from Date in VBA

try this in your code

msgbox format(myDate,"dddd, mmm dd, yyyy")

to see if your date is being interpreted correctly. Try it with an ambigous
date combination like 06/12/05 for Dec 6th.

If it isn't correct, then try converting your date string with cDate

Dim myDate as Date
dim myStr as String

myStr = "06/12/05"
myDate = cDate(myStr)
msgbox format(myDate,"dddd, mmm dd, yyyy")
Tom Ogilvy

"GLT" wrote in message

I found the answer in a post that I already posted:

myDay = UCase(Left(WeekdayName(Weekday(myDate)), 2))

One problem I am having is that the above returns the next day (ie. if
myDate = 14/12/05 - which is Wednesday, myDay returns 'TH'.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

"GLT" wrote:

Hi,

I have a msgbox that pops up when the user opens an excel worksheet and

asks
for a specific date in the [dd/mm/yy] forrmat and stores this in a

varible
called myDate.

What I would like to do is extract the first two letters of the day from
this date. So if the date input is 15/12/05, then TH (for Thursday)

would be
returned.

Can anyone help with the VBA to acheive this?

Thanks.