Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GoFigure[_20_] GoFigure[_20_] is offline

Default Code for Printing Discontiguous Ranges

Excel version: 11 (2003 SP2)
OS: WXP SP2

I have a worksheet that has monthly, quarterly and year columns. The
rows are various items whose sales figures are recorded in the cells.
The columnar layout is the three months of a quarter followed by the
quarter summary.

For the yearly summary report, I want to print each quarter and the
year totals adjacent to each other. Operating on the worksheet itself,
i.e., without VBA code, this is fairly straightforward. Hide all months
and print the area with the quarter and year columns.

When I specify a print area in VBA as, for example, ThisPrintArea =
"Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Year", where Qx and Year are non-adjacent ranges, I
get five pages instead of one. Each page has the horizontal and
vertical repeating rows with one range on each page.

I know I can change the layout so that all the months are together and
all the quarters plus the year are together but I'd like to know how
one accomplishes the desired result in VBA.

Thanks,

- Al

--
GoFigure