Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Count If Multiple Criteria is Met

Just as previously stated:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A500<""),--(B1:B500<""))

Tom Ogilvy

"stacy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay, that works perfectly... Now what if I have a range to look at?
Like A1:A500, and B1:B500? In Cell C1 I would like one value, telling
me how many total rows, from 1 to 500, have something in both the A and
B columns? Is this possible or would I have to replicate the numeric
value, like in your formula, and then go back and "count" all the 1's
for my total?

A1 B1 C1
x x 3
x x
x x

C1=3 being the number of "true" rows that have data in both columns...

Thanks again for any clarification... I appreciate it!!