Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robin Hammond[_2_] Robin Hammond[_2_] is offline

Default VBA to allow a folder to be a shared folder

Shane,

Don't think so. And there shouldn't be. There probably is a way to do it
through the API but before you look there consider this:

I know I would be very very annoyed if somebody started messing with my file
permissions.

e.g. If you could do this easily, then why not share my root folder on the
web and then do a quick post from my machine to a web server somewhere?

How about saving whatever you need to in the Application Data area or to a
network drive?

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Shane" wrote in message
Hi All,

is there a way I can instruct Excel (VBA) to go to a folder and change
that
folder say "C:\Datafiles" to be a shared folder" ???

Many Thanks