Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] retsreg@gmail.com is offline

Default disappearing worksheet_change VBA code - help!

I created worksheet level code triggered by the worksheet_change event.
The code works fine, but I can't see it when I click on the sheet
object anymore.

Even stranger, if I create new code in the sheet like this:

MsgBox "boo!"
End Sub

Then I get the behavior from my missing worksheet_change code, *plus* I
get the "boo!" message. So the "missing" code is clearly still being
executed. (The code's not anything complicated--it just looks for a
change in a particular cell, then changes the color of some text in a
range.)

I've replicated this on two machines, one with Excel 2000 and one with
Excel 2003.

Things I've tried:

- running the code cleaner utility at
http://www.appspro.com/utilities/Cleaner.asp
- looking to see if accidentally put the code at the workbook level (I
didn't)

I'm totally at my wits' end. Any ideas?