Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Bob Phillips' Colour Counter

If you have a reference to a cell in row 1, and then you delete
row 1, those references will change to #REF errors. This is true
of any Excel formula; it has nothing to do with Bob's code.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Dominic" wrote in message
Hi Bob / All,

Thank you for all the great material that you contribute on the
web-site and
in the newsgroups.

I have been using your colour counter method for awhile now and
I love it. I
just ran into a problem I was hoping you could help me with. I
have a helper
column set up to sort a range by font color with the formula
"=colorindex(a1,
true)" copied down some 150 rows or so. This works great.

However, if I paste a "cut" selection into a new cell/row, I
get a #value
error in my helper column. The formula in the column has
changed to
"=colorindex(#Ref!,true)".

This only happens if I paste a "cut" selection into the
row/cell. If I paste
a copied selection there is no problem.

Have you / anybody seen this behaviour and can you help me out?
Am I missing
something silly?

Thanks in advance.

Dominic