Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Path not found error

If the user is getting the error when they try to save (not open), then they
could have read access, but not write access.

I would think you could modify your code to just check after the attempted save:

on error resume next
'your code to save
if err.number < 0 then
msgbox something went wrong--file not saved
err.clear
end if
on error goto 0

EAB1977 wrote:

Dave,

I tried the above code and it still does not work. Maybe I left out a
bit of info.

When the user at another plant runs the code, they get a Path Not Found
error, 76. The path is actually there, just that their security
permissions limit them to what directoreis they can access.

I thought that this would be simple, but the task has been more or a
headache than anything.

I'll try your code to see if it works (kinda bull-headed), and I'll
report back.

--

Dave Peterson