Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Data format coversion in Excel (long)

Hi Ron,

If you reverse the following string and then make the obvious
substitution, it should reach me moc.enilnodlefnesorTAzyx

An interesting variation on a paranoid theme - I speak as an incurable
fellow sufferer!

---
Regards,
Norman

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 17:50:18 -0600, catalfamo1220
wrote:

I substituted in all of the "A" column (including the lines which say
"LINE !") and I recieve the following when I enter the formula:
"#NUM!"

Mike

Are you sure it's #NUM! and not #NAME? error? If it is #NAME?, then the
problem is that you either have a typo in the function, or you did not
install
the morefunc.xll add-in.

The #NUM! error is not documented as a return for REGEX.SUBSTITUTE (or any
of
the related functions). But that could be a limitation of the
documentation, I
suppose.

I guess there could be differences in your strings from what you've posted
here, that are not apparent.

If you are, indeed, getting the #NUM! error, perhaps you could email me a
copy
of the worksheet. If you reverse the following string and then make the
obvious substitution, it should reach me moc.enilnodlefnesorTAzyx

--ron