Jamie Collins

Blue Aardvark wrote:
I'm using Excel 2002 and querying excel files using ADO. I have read on the
microsoft site that there is a memory leak bug when you query open files, but
could not find any fixes for the problem. (Other than their suggestions of
effectively forming a duplicate copy of the data). Has anyone come up with a
sensible work around for the bug, or found an upgrade (maybe Excel 2003??)
that would help me?

There is currently no fix. And I don't think there ever will be an
upgrade fix: MS Jet is a depreciated component, this bird has flown.
Even alleged fix 'Method 1' in Q319998 is not really a fix because it
creates a memory leak i.e. that which we're trying to avoid.

Operating on a copy of the workbook is the only workaround. I don't
think I'll be using SQL code with Excel in future...