Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How can I track the chart mouse events?

In the scenario provided (using ctrl+click), none of the popups in your
second suggestion would appear.

Tom Ogilvy

Hi George,

Maybe you could also add a button to the "Shapes" popup commandbar to

cater
for when chartobject(s) is/are selected. If user clicks your button would
need to ensure it only works with charts.

To add right click item for whenever user right-clicks on a chart would
involve adding (& removing) buttons to all the chart right-click popups,
here are some to consider -

Chart
Floor and Walls
Format Axis
Format Data Series
Format Legend Entry
Formula Bar
Inactive Chart
Object/Plot
Plot Area
Series
Trendline

Regards,
Peter T

"george_scortaru"
<george_scortaru.1zq0ey_1134044102.865@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message

news:george_scortaru.1zq0ey_1134044102.865@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

Hi,
I am using some charts embedded in Excel worksheets and I need to track
the selection and mouse events. The Chart element is contained in a
ChartObject container. Both Chart and ChartObject can be selected by
user. When user clicks a chart, the Chart object is selected and the
Chart class provides events for selection and mouse actions. If the
CTRL key is pressed before clicking the chart, the ChartObject is
selected and the context menu and the wire frame are different, the
ChartObject does not provide any event because it is an interface
rather than a class. Can you give me a clue how can I track the mouse
and selection events when the ChartObject is selected? My purpose is to
create a custom context menu that will be displayed any time the user
right clicks the chart, even if the chart is part o a multiple
selection.
Thank you,
George

--