Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How can I track the chart mouse events?

I believe the chart is selected in shape edit mode at that point and as you
say, doesn't fire events.

Tom Ogilvy

"george_scortaru"
<george_scortaru.1zq0ey_1134044102.865@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:george_scortaru.1zq0ey_1134044102.865@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

Hi,
I am using some charts embedded in Excel worksheets and I need to track
the selection and mouse events. The Chart element is contained in a
ChartObject container. Both Chart and ChartObject can be selected by
user. When user clicks a chart, the Chart object is selected and the
Chart class provides events for selection and mouse actions. If the
CTRL key is pressed before clicking the chart, the ChartObject is
selected and the context menu and the wire frame are different, the
ChartObject does not provide any event because it is an interface
rather than a class. Can you give me a clue how can I track the mouse
and selection events when the ChartObject is selected? My purpose is to
create a custom context menu that will be displayed any time the user
right clicks the chart, even if the chart is part o a multiple
selection.
Thank you,
George

--