Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Writing an API for Removing an Addin

You need to remove it fro the registry. There are two places in the registry
where the details of an addin are held, these are the keys on my machine
with Excel 2000, later versions might be a higher version number
Unloaded addins, that is addins that are in the list but not installed
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Ex cel\Add-in Manager

Loaded addins,
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Ex cel\Options

If you have uninstalled the addin from code, you should just need to delete
the item in Add-in Manager, whereas if it is still loaded you need to find a
key OPENn where n is null,1,2,3,... for that addin, and delete it.

Note that Excel updates the registry for addins on close, so I don't think
that you can't uninstall an addin via code and think you will see in in
Add-in Manager, it will still be in Options.

--

HTH

RP

"bharat" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello Everybody

I've a small Probs.. In my Excel Application....i've an Addin which
i'm creating while installing it thru MSI and now when i want to
uninstall it i need to remove the addin from the addin manager list as
well as frm my registry
how do i do that thru my MSI.. Is there any API available out there
for the same
please help me in finding the same
if it doesnt please help me in writing the API

help needed

thanks

bharat