Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
brazilnut[_5_] brazilnut[_5_] is offline

Default Importing XML through .NET Web Service with VBA

For those who may find it useful, I have figured it out. Here is th
algorithm:

Code
-------------------
Public Sub GetXML()

Dim objSClient As MSSOAPLib30.SoapClient30 ' soap object to access and expose web service interface
Dim oXML As MSXML2.DOMDocument40 ' xml document object
Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset ' ADODB recordset
Dim str As New ADODB.Stream ' ADODB stream

' create new soap client
Set objSClient = New SoapClient30

'create new empty XML document
Set oXML = New DOMDocument40

' Point the SOAP API to the web service that we want to call...
' the wsdl file contains the scheme for the webservice
Call objSClient.mssoapinit(par_WSDLFile:="http://localhost/WebService.wsdl")

' Call the web service and load requested XML document in to MSXML DOM document structure
Call oXML.LoadXml(objSClient.GetXMLString())

' open sream
str.Open

' save xml document from web service to stream
oXML.Save str

' set starting position to beginning of stream
str.Position = 0

' open recordset from stream
rst.Open str

' copy recordset to range of cells
Range("A1").CopyFromRecordset rst

Set oXML = Nothing
Set objSClient = Nothing
Set rst = Nothing
Set stream = Nothing

End Su

My next step is to figure out how to get the field names from the XM
file

--
brazilnu
brazilnut's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2941