Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rookie 1st class Rookie 1st class is offline

Default How to create a template that creates and saves as sequencial

Am I correct that Auto_Open is still provided primarily for backward
compatibility and eventually will be deleted?

Workbook_Open is what I am using.

Lou

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Viper

Have a look at John McGimpsey's site.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:29:02 -0800, "Viper"
wrote:

I am trying to create a Purchase Order template that will automatically
update the purchase order number to the next sequencial number when opened
and will have an activex button that the user can save the worksheet as that
po # automatically.

I am working with Excel 2003.