Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Desert Piranha[_13_] Desert Piranha[_13_] is offline

Default Hide Defined Names

Hi Gary,
Thx, this works fine. Exactly what i was looking for.
thx Again

Hi Norman,
I do have that add-in you mentioned. I wanted a code i could run to
hide/unhide names,
as not all the computers i work on, have the add-in. Hence if i hide
them at home, then
take the file to work i may need to unhide them.
I can run this from the VBE, without anyone knowing its there.

Thx for your input.

Dave

Gary Keramidas Wrote:
try this

Option Explicit
Dim nm As name
Sub hide_names()
For Each nm In ThisWorkbook.Names
nm.Visible = False
Next nm

Gary

"Desert Piranha"
<Desert.Piranha.1znoum_1133935803.2303@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message
news:Desert.Piranha.1znoum_1133935803.2303@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

Hi all,

While this code works fine for creating & hiding one defined name.
How can i change it to hide ALL defined names in the workbook,
if there are 20/30 of them, that already exist.

Public Sub Tester03()
'From Norman Jones
With ActiveWorkbook
Names.Add "MyTestRange", _
RefersTo:=.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A4:B10"), _
Visible:=False
End With
End Sub

Something like: