Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Default macro stops on "selection.autofilter" line of code

Hi everyone,
What could cause & how can I prevent "selection.autofilter" from causing my
macro to bomb out early?
Read on to see all the details I think may be relevant w/o the actual code,
although I can post that on request when I get to work tomorrow...
I have a long winded & probably quite an inefficient macro (built as I
learn) which is intended to copy a visible range of data from one filtered
(in multiple columns) 'Sheet1" to "Sheet2" in the same workbook. This has
worked for approx the past 3 mths in excel 2002, accessed at work via a
citrix server. However, for the past 2 days (recently the IT outsourcing has
been changed!) the macro now stops at the line "selection.autofilter" which
is used to remove the autofilter on "Sheet1". When I try to [F8] through the
macro it gets to this line and says something like "code can't enter break
mode." & offers [debug] or [end].
As well as exiting the macro uncompleted, this recently occuring error
results in two macro buttons on "Sheet1" being deleted/disappearing, the
filter drop down arrows in all but 2 columns (maybe A & about col AE) being
removed. I have tried "application.screenupdating = true" & ditto for events
but the buttons don't come back & the "removed" filter arrows remain.
Any suggestions on what could cause this line to bomb out & how to prevent
it will be greatfully received.
Also,please let me know if the complete code would be useful.

Thanks in advance,
Rob