Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
clmarquez clmarquez is offline

Default Finding & deleting cells that do not contain a certain text string

Hello,

I'm brand new to VB for Excel, but I am trying...

I have a sheet with multiple columns of data. In column A, I have some
names that have the format "lastname, first initial". Some cells within
column A do not have the comma, and these are the ones that I would like
to delete. I only want to delete the cell (and shift others up), so
that the other columns are not affected.

I found some older posts that had asked a similar problem, but they
dealt with deleting the entire row. When I would change this to just
the selection, the macro would get hung up on that line. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kez

--