Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,comp.unix.sco.misc
[email protected] yehoshua.krupnick@gmail.com is offline

Default TinyTerm, WDS-II and Excel VBA

Can anyone help me with using Excel together with TinyTerm, please?

My company's G/L is based on WDS-II. The current procedure is to run
reports on the UNIX box, then FTP them over to the Windows network. The
reports then get massaged into Excel tables.

What I would like to do is have Excel command WDS-II via TinyTerm to
run the reports that I need, on a schedule which I set up.

I have tried using SendKeys, with not much success. TinyTerm seems to
need to be prodded through.

I am now trying DDE. I initiate a channel using DDEInitiate, but
nothing seems to happen when I use the DDEExecute command.

Am i doing anything wrong with the above methods? Is there a better way
to do this? I will try anything, and substitute the software above for
any freeware programs, but I need to be able to have the process
handled from beginning to end, automatically and unattended.

I'd greatly appreciate any ideas. Thanks!