Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Resize method fails for 1-D array?

Hi Quartz,

Try:

msSheetName.Range("A1"). _
Resize(UBound(mvaFileName) - _
LBound(mvaFileName) + 1) = _
Application.Transpose(mvaFileName)

---
Regards,
Norman

"quartz" wrote in message
Thanks Norman, but now I get only the first array element repeated for
every
line...any further suggestions?

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Quartz,

Try:

msSheetName.Range("A1"). _
Resize(UBound(mvaFileName) - _
LBound(mvaFileName) + 1) = mvaFileName

---
Regards,
Norman

"quartz" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

A one-dimensional array (i.e. the array has one column of data in
multiple
rows) is loaded from a custom function. This array holds a list of all
the
file names in a folder that the user selects.

When I try to use the "Resize" method to shotgun the data into a sheet
get
a "subscript out of range" error. The error appears to be in the second
"UBound" clause in the following line:

Sheets(msSheetName).[A1].Resize(UBound(mvaFileName, 1), _
UBound(mvaFileName, 2)).Value = mvaFileName

The array "mvaFileName" is dimensioned at module level as a variant.

The "resize" method is the fastest and most convenient method I know to
blast data into a sheet from an array. How can I get this to function?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.