Bill Kuunders

Set up a table of two columns
1 to 20 and the job titles.
Use a number to refer to the job title............. 12
Use the vlookup function to "pick up" the title
something like =VLOOKUP(D2,$M$1:$N$20,2,FALSE)

where D2 is the number (12) for the job title
M1:N20 is the table
2 is for the second column
FALSE is to indicate that you need an exact match.
--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K

"timbo" wrote in message
I have 3 classifications of workers(supervisors,skilled, and unskilled) and
need to post a x in a cell by their jop title. I have been using the IF
funtion for years, but only had 5 or 6 job titles. Now with more job
titles,
I have surpassed the maximum of 7 nest funtions.