Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
knowledgehunter knowledgehunter is offline

Default How to fetch rows of data across sheets dynamically

Hi all

I maintain some info that is spread across 4 sheets in a single excel
book .
In the first three I maintain employee info( empid,empname...and
other
details reg the employee) of 3 different dept.Empid is the first
column (common)of all the sheets.

Now, my requirement is, when ever I enter an empid in the first column
of the fourth sheet, and, if it already exists in any of the 3
sheets,it should
fetch the details of that employee into the fourth sheet(the complete
row). If
the empid is NOT in any of the 3 sheets, then , it should allow me to
add details of this employee in the fourth sheet.

Kindly let me know in detail as to how to go about it.

Thank You in advance.

Regards
Eddy

--