Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg Wilson Greg Wilson is offline

Default Removing section of a string in VBA

Try:

Sub MoveGoalData()
Dim t As String
Dim r As Range, c As Range
Dim x As Integer, y As Integer, i As Integer
Dim ws1 As Worksheet, ws2 As Worksheet

Set ws1 = Sheets("Sheet1")
Set ws2 = Sheets("Sheet2")
Set c = ws1.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)
Set r = ws1.Range(ws1.Cells(3, 1), c)
i = 0
For Each c In r.Cells
i = i + 1
x = InStr(c.Value, " ") + 1
y = InStr(c.Value, "-") - 1
t = Mid(c.Value, x, y - x)
ws2.Cells(i, 1).Value = t
Next

Greg

"Jake Wiley" wrote:

Hi I have a worksheet with a column of goals (for teachers) and some
directions. For example:
1) Student work samples - A sample of student work needs to be
presented and dated.
This is all in one cell
2) Parent Involvement Folder - Proof of parent consent must be
presented
and so on and so on
I just need:
Student work samples
Parent Involvement Folder

I need to carry over the goal to another sheet which I already did
based on some info but I don't need the number preceeding the goal AND
the instructions following the -
There is no set number of characters because each goal is different.

Please if anybody could point me in the right direction