Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Adding a "1" in front of everything in column A

try this, i am assuming the string you want is text so it didn't sum if
there were existing numbers:

Option Explicit
Dim lastrow As Long
Dim cell As Range
Sub test()
lastrow = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For Each cell In Range("A1:A" & lastrow)
cell.Value = "1" & cell.Value
Next

Gary

"alexm999" wrote in
message ...

I'd like to add a "1" (number one) in front of everything in column A. I
can use =1&A1 but it's too tedius to do to every record in every
spreadsheet.

I tried creating a macro, but for blank rows say A1 to A100 have
numbers, but after that it adds a 1 in an empty cell.

Is there anyone who can help me with this?

--
alexm999
alexm999's Profile: