Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Lavender[_2_] Chris Lavender[_2_] is offline

Default Saving a template as a worksheet

Hi Leon

If you set the template's attributes to ReadOnly in Explorer (right-click
properties) it will force you to Save As rather than (mistakenly) saving the
template itself (although if you want to modify the template in the future
you'll need to uncheck ReadOnly before you do any mods to the template
itself). Also if you open the workbook from Explorer, double-clicking on a
template will open a new workbook based on the template rather than the
template itself...

HTH
Best rgds
Chris Lav

"Leon" wrote in message
When I open a template worksheet
After I'm done working on it Is there a way to have the default file type
changed from xlt to xls when I save it.
I'm asking this question because I sometimes forget to change the file

type
and my worrksheet is saved as my template instead of as a new worksheet

with
the attributes of the template.
Thanks in advance for any help