Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Get text from clipboard

Have you just copied the text in code yourself? Or are you relying on the
user having done it?

If you've done it on code, you should already know what you've copied. If
you're relying on the user you will have to allow for the fact that they may
not have done it and the clipboard may be empty or may contain non-textual
data (but the DataObject is still probably the thing to use).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Rene Petersen" wrote in message
Can anyone help me on this one please.

I am creating a inputbox and I want the default text of the inputbox to be
the text I just copied.

Dim Search
Search = InputBox("Type your search", "Search", CLIPBOARDTEXTHERE)

Thanks,
Rene