Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jarryd Jarryd is offline

Default Command line switches.

Hello,

I think I have managed to sort something out. I used Sub Workbook_Open.
And I have managed to get it to open the xls file using a batch command.
The only thing I can't do is get Access to wait for the batch to finish
before continuing with the rest of the procedure.

But I suppose that is a question for another forum.

Cheers,

Jarryd
"Jarryd" wrote in message
Hello,

We receive a rather poorly formatted csv file from our courier company to
serve as the digital copy of our monthly bill. I wanted to import this
data into Access 2003 so that it is easier for users to search and read
the data. I have created an Excel 2003 workbook that is to be used as an
interface file for Access 2003. I have created a macro that pulls the
data in to the spreadsheet, deletes what shouldn't be there, formats the
rest, adds some column headers, and saves it file to a new file. In
Access 2003 I have then written a script that is triggered by a button to
pull the data into a table and do some other bits. I was wondering if it
would be possible to lauch Excel opening a scpecified file and running a
specified macro. If so, would it be best done in VBA or are there
command-line switches for this? I figured that if the command-line
switches were out there then I could write a quick bacth file that could
be fired from Access 2003 before it imports the data.

Is there a better way to automate Excel?

TIA,

Jarryd