Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default My VBA Function Won't Recalculate

Hi Adam,

All input to a function should be in the argument list, that is, both in the
definition of the function and in the function call in a formula. That is
the only way Excel knows there is a dependency and so knows when to
recalculate.
Application.Volatile is often suggested as a solution, but
a. it may slow down calculation because it always recalculates, also when
not necessary
b. There is no guarantee that cells are recalculated in the correct order.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"soteman2005"
wrote in message

I have created a function in VBA to use in my excel worksheets. It is
an "if" function referring to a number on a different sheet i.e.
=if(sheet2!H15=1,do this,do that). It works fine except that it won't
recalculate when I change the number on the other sheet. I have to
press shift + F9 in order for it to give me the correct value. I have
tried application.volatile but it doesn;t have any effect. Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Adam

--