Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob G Jacob G is offline

Default Any Help with a Simple Function?

Rowan,
This worked Perfectly, Thank You Very Much!!

"Rowan Drummond" wrote in message
Maybe easier without the loop:

Sub Count_Cases()
Dim eRow As Long

eRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "L").End(xlUp).Row
With Range("M5:M" & eRow)
.FormulaR1C1 = "=ABS(RC[-1])"
.Value = .Value
End With
Cells(eRow + 1, "M").FormulaR1C1 = _
"=SUM(R[-" & eRow - 4 & "]C:R[-1]C)"
End Sub

Hope this helps
Rowan

Jacob G wrote:
Hello All,
I am having the hardest time coming up with an answer to what is
seemingly the easiest function of Excel. I have Loop Until Statement
that gets me the absolute value of a column and lists it into the next
column over. I have it looped because there is no definitive ending
point of how many rows there may be, one day 5, the next day 205. I can
get that done, but what seems the most simple, I just can't figure out.
How do I code it to Sum the total of the 2nd column? Here is the code I
have:

Sub Count_Cases()
Range("M5").Select
Do
ActiveCell.Value = Abs(ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1))
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1))
<<<Here is where I need it to Total all of the values in this column
starting with "M5" through: ActiveCell.Offset (-1,0){This is where I get
confused, I can't define the Active Cell and use FormulaR1C1, or can I?}
End Sub

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jacob