Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fredrik Wahlgren Fredrik Wahlgren is offline

Default Do I have to use VSTO to program Excel2003?

"mjohnson" skrev i meddelandet
oups.com...
I have hit a brickwall in functionality using OWC10 to generate
spreadsheets from the web. So I decided that I'll need to write an
actual C# program to generate the spreadsheet file. I need to be able
to programmatically control Excel2002 and 2003, especialy Page Setups &
Margins and text wrapping. Do I have to use VSTO to get this level of
control or can I use the regular C# api from within VisualStudio
2003/2005 for both versions of excel for use as a desktop application?

thanks for your help!

Ypu can use C# from Visual Studio, it's probably a better choice. VB6 is
easier to use but that requires Visual Studio 6. Just google C# and Excel
and youu will find lots of sample code. Here are a few links that I found:

http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/csharp_excel.asp
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/winforms/ExcelReadMG.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../OffCSharp.asp

/Fredrik