Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Kings Rob Kings is offline

Default Problem following hyperlinks

Hi

I was wanting to run some code when a user clicks a cell in a sheet. for
various reasons I thought using a hyperlink would be the way to go.

I have a cell E2 with the formula =HYPERLINK("[book1]Sheet1!E2","Rob Kings")
which is a sort of "Null link" However, when I click this I get the message

Opening "book1"
Hyperlinks can be harmful to your computer and data. To protect your
computer, click only those hyperlinks from trusted sources. Do you want to
continue?

If I click yes it follows the link (which I can tell by changing the
address) but neither the Workbook_SheetFollowHyperlink () event nor the
Worksheet_FollowHyperlink() event get fired.

Any ideas what's going on?

Rob