Posted to microsoft.public.access,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba
Harlan Grove Harlan Grove is offline

Default PLEASE READ IF YOU PROGRAM: Help Continue Visual Basic

wrote...
spreadsheets dont use DATA

databases use DATA.

spreadsheets use NUMBERS. copy and paste is obsolete, kid.

So numbers aren't data? Or data includes information other than
numbers? If the latter, you're not aware that spreadsheets can contain
text?

olap doesn't take 'a lot of time to generate'.

Not the impression I've gotten reading web pages, but I have no
first-hand experience.

offline cubes--- included with excel-- are some of the most exciting
things in the world.
i just claim that keeping your DATA in a DATABASE and using OLAP (and
PivotTables of course) allows us to automate you out of a job.

Aside from the small fact that pivot tables only perform simple
calculations. Until you show you know how to do anything other than
count and sum, why would anyone believe you know how to calculate
anything moderately complicated?

I just dont like having 100 copies of the same formula. I dont like
having 1000 copies of the same XLS. I mean-- it's not an efficient way
to do anything.

Apparently you also don't like trying to figure out how to calculate
the inverse or determinant of a matrix stored in a database. It's been
a few weeks, where's your code? Or do you just find it easier to rant &
rant & rant?