jay

In what screen or window do I right click on the series? In the spradsheet?
In the source data window? If in the spreadsheet do I need to name the series
first? Do I need to select the serries entries before right clicking?

"Echo S" wrote:

Input your data.

Right-click the series you need to have on a different axis and choose
Format Data Series. On the Axis tab, choose Secondary Axis.

Then adjust the Axis scale as necessary by right-clicking it and choosing
Format Axis. Or double-click it.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

"jay" wrote in message
I guess this is what I get for using Excel once each year. My chart is a
chart of ten costs on a area chart over time. I need to incorporate

another
value which is totally different to compare to the costs series. I don't
want to go back and start over and I don't follow the cryptic explanations

of
people who know what they are doing. I am a novice getting frustrated

trying
to do something that should be simple. If someone can point me to a MVP
paper or some detail explanation of placing two line graphs over ten cost
area graphs, I would appreciate it.

"jay" wrote:

The help screen says that it can be done (if you understand the cryptic
notes). I have a large chart that needs to have a separate set of line
graphs overlayed from the right hand Y axis with different scaling. The

help
screen says something about a "format menu" which I have no idea what it

is.
I think it means to select the data on the excel spreadsheet then go to

the
menu. Can anyone help this novice do a job?