Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Excel 2000: VB code for changing caseof text

ActiveCell.Value = strConv(ActiveCell.Value, vbProperCase)

or use vbLowerCase or vbUpperCase

or for the first character

Dim sStr as String
sStr = strConv(ActiveCell.Value,vbLowerCase)
sStr = ucase(left(sStr,1) & Mid(sStr,2)

Tom Ogilvy

"pgnl" wrote in message
. uk...
I am hoping some kind person can help me with this Excel 2000

problem......

I need a short piece of VB code I can attach to a Button in the tool bar,
such that when I select a cell containing text it converts it from

capitals
to small case or even better, capitalise just the first character of the
sentence (or alternatively work like the 'proper' function capitalise the
first letter of each word...)

I can do this easily in Word by pressing shift-F3, but there does not

appear
to be a similar function in Excel 2000.

Thanks for your help.

Patrick