MSweetG222

Default Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Thx
MSweetG222

"Verner Jensen, Ã…lborg" wrote:

Hi' there !

My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel
workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC
connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit.

Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of
those workbooks) - to solve this problem?

What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC
connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection
open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook -
and not directly in Excel....

PS. Is it possible to grap to windows login and pwd - and use with the ODBC
connection?

Thanx in advance...

Rgds, Henrik