Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
medicenpringles[_26_] medicenpringles[_26_] is offline

Default new excel vba functionality

this will probably never get considered or even read, but i'll try
anyway. I've been developing solutions in Excel for a long time and i
love everything about it. but one of the things i've run into several
times is the issue of conditional chart formatting. there are a
million ways to do this, but i think maybe if some MVP out there could
drop Microsoft a line with my suggestion, it would help at least me out
tremenously.

my suggestion is simply this: i think there should be a way to
programmatically reference specific series points on the chart. that
way you could write VBA code like:

If myChart.SeriesPoint(1) myChart.SeriesPoint(2) Then
myChart.Trendlines(1).Color = Red
End If

this may be possible with Visual Studio Tools for Office, but i've
never gotten to touch that yet.

any advice welcome.

--
medicenpringles