Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default Macro for new column

try
activecell

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"mevetts" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I want a way of automatically inserting a new column from whichever
cell is selected. I know how to do this, but everytime I do it I have
to work my way down the colum formatting the cells to how I want them
to look. I have taught myself how to create a macro that does this
procedure for me, but it always runs it from the same cell, and not the
cell that is currently selected.

Essentially I'm setting up a Register/Mark Book in Excel and want to
add colums for additional data as and when I need them. So the columns
need to be entered from different places each time.

Sorry, if I'm not explaining this very well, but if anyone can decipher
what I'm trying to say and has a suggestion then I would be incredibly
grateful.

Thanks,

Mark.

--