Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
billbeecham[_14_] billbeecham[_14_] is offline

Default if cell value matches then copy another cell

Datacollector,

Thanks for trying but as I stated the data in sheet1 cannot be sorted.
It must remain the same. I tried the vlookup anyway just to see what
would happen and it doesn't work. I'm guessing that "the cell
immediatley to the right" means h2 again... that just produces an
error. I followed what you said and put things where you said but it
still errored.

What I need is a simple compare a1 to a1 and copy c1 to c1.

the data I am comparing and copying is but two fields out of about 25,
and there are about 3500+ rows of data.

Maybe you meant something specific with the vlookup. If you think it
will work, maybe you could elaborate on what the whole formula looks
like assuming columns A and B are A and C from sheet2 and that column a
from sheet 1 is residing in H2.

Thanks again,

Bill

--