Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check if a worksheet exists

More efficiently

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Function SheetExists(Sh As String, _
Optional wb As Workbook) As Boolean
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dim oWs As Worksheet
If wb Is Nothing Then Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
On Error Resume Next
SheetExists = CBool(Not wb.Worksheets(Sh) Is Nothing)
On Error GoTo 0
End Function

--

HTH

RP

"Mort_Komabt" wrote in message
Thanks for that..... It works great

"bpeltzer" wrote:

Function SheetExists(ByRef SheetName As String) As Boolean
Dim ws As Worksheet
SheetExists = False
For Each ws In Worksheets
If ws.Name = SheetName Then SheetExists = True
Next
End Function
HTH. --Bruce

"Mort_Komabt" wrote:

Hi all

I am looking for a way to get VBA to check if a worksheet exists using

named range as the source and if the sheet does not exist then add the
required sheet name... the only examples I have been able to find use

the
following code
If SheetEsists("sheetname") = True Then.

However, this does not appear to be a known function within Excel

2000.....
Is there another way or am I missing something?

Regards and Thanks

Mort_kombat