Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Commandbutton

From Alvin's post a few minutes earlier, I now realise we are not talking
about a worksheet ActiveX, so ignore all my previous (original mention of
"toolbox" confused me!).

Regards,
Peter T

Alvin,

I don't know why my previous suggestion doesn't work for you.

In your VB try

Dim objOLE As OLEObject
Dim sName As String

Set objOLE= xlApp.ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add _
(ClassType:="Forms.CommandButton.1", _
Left:=40, Top:=40, _
Width:=150, Height:=30)

sName = objOLE.Name
MsgBox sName, vbMsgBoxSetForeground

xlApp.ActiveSheet.OLEObjects(sName).object.ForeCol or = 128

' assumes xlApp is a reference to Excel.Application

You may also be able to do
xlApp.ActiveSheet.CommandButton1.ForeColor = 128

Though, depending on what you are doing, this might cause problems in some
scenarios (eg if you have just added the control even if you can be sure

of
what its name will be).

Leith,

I only have VB6 but I'm curious as to why the above would not work in
earlier versions, it's an Excel method, assuming we are talking about a
worksheet ActiveX.
FWIW it works with VB6 to xl97

Regards,
Peter T

PS for Alvin - you may not have noticed, in your earlier thread today you
have been asked to clarify how you solved your problem. Presumably not

using
the method suggested in response to your question, hence the interest.

"alvin Kuiper" wrote in message
Hi
Nice off you to answer
But i can't get it to work
I have see in help and here stand
that i shall write
command1.forecolor = something
but i only get an error en forecolor
if i write command1. then forecolor don't come foreward as option
and in my toolbox for the commandbutton i can't see the option
forecolor, so what to do?

Best regards
Alvin

"Peter T" wrote:

Same way in VB as in VBA, subject to qualifying to Excel.Application

xlApp.ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("CommandButton1").Obj ect.ForeColor = 255

Regards,
Peter

"alvin Kuiper" wrote in

message
Me again

In VBA i can use Forecolor in the tollbox for a Commandbutton
But i can't find this in VB for a commandbutton
If someone know about this, Please Write back
Remember it is not in VBA But in VB

Best regards
Alvin