Nick Hodge

Graham

Only tried this on very limited data but in autofiltercustom enter

'Does not begin with' ~*

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Graham Haughs" wrote in message
I have a database in excel where one of the fields is a "Comments" section
where there are text strings. When this particular record has been dealt
with an asterix * is put in front of the comments string. What I want to do
is select out those records which have no asterix in front of the comments.
I can sort the database by the comments field in descending order and they
all finish up at the bottom but what I would ideally like to do is filter
them out but so far I cannot seem to be able to set up the selection
criteria which would work. This basically would be to select all these
records where the comments does not begin with *. Any suggestions very
welcome.

Kind Regards
Graham Haughs
Turriff, Scotland