Jake

Default Problem with symbols

Hello,

I'm trying to create some shortcuts to enter Greek letters into cells
in Excel. The =CHAR() works for most characters, but the unicode/hex
for the Greek letters is 03BB (lambda, for example) but nothing
recognizes the alpha characters. If I go to the symbol font I can enter
l for lambda, but I'd like something fast and easy, and not have to go
to the mouse to change fonts. I tried a macro that changes fonts, but
it doesn't work while typing in a cell...it changes it, and then
everything that then gets typed into the cell is that font. That isn't
normally what I want.

An add-in would work as well, but I haven't found one. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Steven