Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bpeltzer bpeltzer is offline

Default check if file with generic name already open

sub test()
Dim wb As Workbook
Dim CheckFor As String

CheckFor = Range("A10").Value

For Each wb In Workbooks
If wb.Name = CheckFor Then MsgBox (CheckFor & " is open!")
Next wb
end sub

"Spike" wrote:

I will be grateful for any advices re the following. I have read similar but
the file names are hard coded. I have a list of files to open using a macro
and to work on so file names are held in a variable as opposed to being hard
coded into the macro.

How do i check to see if a file is already open, the name is say held in
cell A10 on sheet 1 for example and the next to open will be say A11 and so
on.
--
with kind regards

Spike